We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone. You can also ask a question about our services through our contract form that we regularly provide.
Get In Touch
Interested in working at or collaborating with Encore Academy of Dance? Please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch soon!
- The ideal candidate(s) needs to be willing to work with multiple levels of students
- The ideal candidate must have a bubbly, fun personality and bring joy and excitement to the room
- A love of young children is a must
- Candidates must be able to build relationships amongst the students, families, and staff
- Candidates must be willing to work with other staff to clean dances, run rehearsals, and choreograph large numbers
- Candidates must have strong communication skills and organizational skills
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of HOW to teach skills – not just how to do the skills
- The ideal candidates will be able to provide a strong foundation for the dancers to support all styles of dance, and are interested in supporting the dancers as they grow through the program
A rapidly growing dance studio in Durham is seeking dance instructors for the 2023-2024 season capable of teaching multiple styles. We are seeking candidates who can teach any of the following dance styles: preschool, ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern/contemporary, hip hop, tap, and/or acro.
The ideal candidate(s) must be willing to work with multiple levels of students. The ideal candidates will be able to provide a strong foundation for the dancers to support all styles of dance and are interested in supporting the dancers as they grow through the program. The ideal candidate must have a bubbly, fun personality and bring joy and excitement to the room. A love of young children is a must.
We value relationships. Candidates must be able to build relationships among the students, families, and staff. We value collaboration. Candidates must be willing to work with other staff to clean dances, run rehearsals, and choreograph large numbers. We value communication. Candidates must have strong communication skills and organizational skills. We value teaching. Candidates must have a strong understanding of HOW to teach skills – not just how to do the skills. We value choreographers who know how to make dancers shine. It’s about showing off dancers’ strengths not their weaknesses.
Punctuality for classes, turning in music and costume selections on time, attending monthly zoom (online) meetings and quarterly in-person staff meetings, and recital attendance is required for these positions.
$18.00 – $35.00 per hour
Customer Care Champion
Customer Care Champions:
Customer care champions are responsible for fulfilling the various front-line, customer service oriented roles inside the studio. This includes staffing at our front desk, hosting birthday parties, and assisting with our special events. Ideal candidates are professional while also friendly, warm, and inviting. Candidates should be comfortable and calm within an environment that can be loud, chaotic, and filled with the squeals of laughter from young children.
About Our Company
Encore Academy of Dance is one of the leading dance institutions in Durham, NC. At our school, we encourage kindness while nurturing our students’ minds, bodies, and souls. Established in 2001, we believe that every child has unique abilities and talents. We treat each child as an individual and work with them to build their skills and confidence. Encore Academy of Dance is seeking customer care champions for their growing needs. Our studio values kindness, integrity, empathy, community, creativity, excellence, trust, and fun. We are seeking candidates to join our family-friendly and close-knit community.
- Ability to remain comfortable and calm in loud and chaotic environments
- Adaptability to technology
- Client focus/customer orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
Customer Care Champion
- Greet and check in families and students
- Record student attendance when needed
- Answer phone calls and record messages for admin staff
- Answer questions about studio programs, classes, and events
- Manage foot traffic and order of the front lobby
- Interview trial families and facilitate sales into classes
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
Other Opportunities for Hours:
Special Events and Birthday Parties:
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events, including birthday parties
- Greet attendants as they arrive for events, including birthday parties
- Manage activities or areas within the events, including birthday parties
Hours & Shifts:
We are seeking to hire one candidate for our evening (2 shifts per week – Wednesday and Friday, 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) and one candidate for our mornings (1-2 shifts per week 8:30 am-1:00 pm).
Additional weekend hours will be available for hosting birthday parties and working special events as available.
$9.00 – $12.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Durham, NC 27705: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)